Monday, March 20, 2006

The party was a success!

Our birthday party was a success! Everyone thought the basement looked great, we had a lot of people show up and it went off without a hitch. Everyone was impressed with out purple fridge! I need to figure out if I can post pictures on here.

The best news was that my sister DID show up with her family. I simply told her that I was not going to let her be mad at me and she said she wasn't. I'm sure we have some things to talk about and work out, but for now we are ok. Eventually we will sit down and I will answer her questions and explain why my feelings were hurt but for now I am just happy that they came.

I spoke with the lady that will be doing our homestudy today and she was very nice! We will get that scheduled when we get back from Florida the first week of April. Tomorrow is Tori's doctor appointment and I should get my well water test back from the County. Wednesday we have our fire inspection and while I was laying on the couch recovering from my cold, Tori and her friend Caty went around and put ALL of the childproof outlet plugs in for me. They are so sweet! Tim just needs to check the smoke detector batteries and were good to go. By Thursday I will have the last things needed for our homestudy done and we'll be ready to have our home visit, which I am not worried about at all. We talked quite a bit about it at our adoption class and they really eased my mind.

I am so excited that things are moving so quickly and even our homestudy agent said its hard to believe we just started 3 weeks ago! If things go this smooth then we will just be waiting on our fingerprinting and approval and be DTC sometime in July!

I can't believe it is all coming together!

No comments: