Saturday, March 18, 2006

LAST adoption class!

Oh it was GREAT! People who have recently adopted internationally brought their babies and they were soooooo sweet! I can't wait!!!! There were twins from Ethipoa and a 10 month old from Korea and a 2 1/2 year old from China. There were sooo great and the parents were so helpful and informative. We just have to wait for our fingerprint appoint with INCS and our home study home visit. Hopefully we will be DTC in July. Then it will be a long 8-9 months to wait until we have that beautiful baby in our home.

The parents were so encouraging about going to China. They said it was IMMACULATE there. So clean and a very cultural experience. Not to mention cheap shopping! LOL. Everyone said it was beautiful and they were so glad they traveled and had such a great experience.

Tonight is Tim's birthday party so we've been cleaning up and shopping. The basement looks SOOOO awesome. My husband is quite the handyman. I wish I had taken before pictures because to see it now you would NEVER believe it. Our old neighbors gave us an old Crosley Shelvador fridge that is was in GREAT condition and Tim painted in purple (Crown Royal Purple!) I have to say it is the most unique fridge I have ever seen. My sister will freak out, she will definetly want a purple fridge. Now I need to get a purple Kitchenaid Blender, LOL.

Should be a good party tonight, we have tons of food. There should be quite a few people here. My mom said my sister that is mad at me is not coming with her husband and kids (apparently she is mad because we are adopting is the best I can figure, who knows, I don't think I did anything else to piss her off). Too bad, I miss the kids a lot (oh I guess I miss her too, but I will be the last to admit it because I do not think I am in the wrong this time). Tori asked today if she could go over and see McKenzie and Kaden, but we really didn't have time to do anything before she had plans so I never really had to answer her. She will start pressing the issue soon, cuz she's missing them too. I'll figure that out when the time comes.

Right now I am so busy with work and the house I really don't have time to worry about it. I am not going to surround myself with people who aren't happy for me. Only positive people!!!!! LOL :) I'm VERY VERY happy right now, and I feel very content with my life and the way things are going. I have a wonderful house, a great husband, great kids , great friends, and soon to be an addition to our family (well maybe not SOON). The investments we have made lately have started to pay off (have I mentioned that my husband is handy AND smart?). So we are in a really good place right now.

Thanks for listening to me ramble! I'll update later in the week. We are leaving for Florida next Thursday evening but I AM taking my computer!

No comments: