Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's been a few days, SORRY!

I'm sure you were all missing my babbling on and on about adoption. Thanks to those of you that said you were keeping up on things with me!

I had my doctor appointment yesterday and they sucked blood out of both of my arms. FUN! But it was worth it because I got one of my medical papers signed and the other will come back when my results are done.

I sent a HUGE packet to Graceworks this morning. The only thing I am waiting for the homestudy is #1 our fire inspection which is next Wednesday #2 Our tax returns which should be coming in the mail anytime (I had to order transrcipts) # our home visit/safety audit. Then the homestudy is DONE!!!!! YEAH!!!! I know there are a few people who need to mail in their questionnaires that came from Graceworks (you know who you are, lol). We have our last adoption class this Saturday and I am excited because people will be bringing BABIES!!!!! People who have recently traveled to China and other countries will bring their kids and give a talk about what exactly went on etc.

AS far my dossier is concerned, I am just waiting on my paper from the doc with bloodwork to come back, my passport (again, any day) and our fingerprint appointment. Hopefully we should get that in about a month and then we wait for our approval which is about 2-3 months. If we get fingerprinted in April I would say we will have our approval by end of June or so. Then we take EVERYTHING to the County and get it authenticated, then EVERYTHING to the State to get authenticated, then EVERYTHING to CHI in St. Louis so they can put the Dossier together and send it to their China office who will translate it etc.

Then we wait, and wait and wait and wait for our referral. I'm hoping to have our Dossier to China by end of July which would mean that we could possible have a LID (log in date) of August. After we get our log in date, then our referral (picture and medical history of our baby girl) 8-9 months later. Once you accept your referral (clean bill of health etc.) then you uusally travel within the next month. So probably by next May-June we will be preparing to travel.

I can't wait, it seems so far away. I guess it IS!!!!!

No comments: