Well it is official. We are switching to Guatemala for our adoption. I am excited, nervous, anxious, etc. I know the time will be less and so far the paperwork has been a breeze compared to China, but we are not officially in the system for Guatemala yet, so its still early!
How do I feel about this? Do I think I will miss my thoughts of China and my chinese daughter? I don't know yet. When I have pictures my daughter all I can picture are dark eyes, so I have not really identified her as Chinese in my mind yet. I am somewhat relieved about not traveling to China so that is making the transition easier.
We meet with our social worker today to update our homestudy. Depending on how long that takes, I hope to have some paperwork turned into our new agency next week. We still have to have everything authenticated on the county level and state level, but like I said I essentially have all that done. I'm thinking the first week in February should be a safe bet to get things rolling.
I don't know how long it takes for the INS switch paperwork to come back. I'm going to verify that I have it filled out correctly today and overnight it tomorrow.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
We are making the leap of faith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Please be careful and be cautious. I have seen several Guatemalan adoptions fail within the past month.
Hoping you have a smooth journey!
Post a Comment