Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I have decided I am boring

Don't ask me what brought on this conclusion. I really don't know. I was sitting here at work thinking, hmmmm, I have to go to the gorcery tonight, we have kids, what are we making for dinner, and gee I really need to catch up on the laundry. Then I thought to myself, how frickin boring is that?

It's not that I DON'T want to do fun things, like go to dinner, go out to a bar maybe when we don't have kids, or even a quick weekend trip with the kids. It just seems like it all boils down to 1) do I want to spend the money 2) am I NOT exhausted from working all week 3) will a little troll come in and do the household chores while I'm gone?

I just am to wrapped up in trying to keep my house together and working. It seems like nothing ever gets done, unless I do it and I don't always feel like doing it.

For instance, the grocery store. Yeah, I gotta go tonight or my kid is eating grits for dinner again. Don't be alarmed, she likes them and wanted them, but we didn't really have a lot of options. My dogs are out of food. BUT why do I have to go to the grocery? Out of all of the people in my house (dogs included) I probably eat the LEAST amount of food . So how come I have to cut the coupons and find somewhere for Tori to go so Kroger's doesn't call children's services on me for beating her in the store, and drag my ass to the store in the cold? I never seem to buy what anyone wants anyway (There is NOTHING to eat! also translated as, there is NOTHING to pop-in-the-microwave-and-heat-up-in-20-seconds-cuz-i-don't-want-to-cook).

I have tried the whole, go on strike, don't shop until someone else takes the initative. But then I have to hear constantly, we have no snacks, we have no pop, we have no milk. Apparently I am the only one in my family this annoys because eventually I break down.

SO I guess I'm going to the store tonight. Maybe I will dress up and put on make-up and pretend like I am going out somewhere besides the grocery. LOL.

No comments: