Saturday, January 20, 2007

It helps to be organized

Which, normally I am not. For some reason when it came to the adoption I have been overly organized.

When we switched countries and found our new agency I had most of my paperwork already done because of China. We met with our social worker and she gave me a few things to do since we are switching that I didn't count on, but nothing major. I still think its realistic to have everything done next month and our Dossier to our agency. All I'm waiting on really is our updated medical letters for Tim and I. Once I have those we can take everything to the Secretary of State.

One thing I learned from our agency is that they are not as strict on the dossier preparation as China was. They are more strict in how things are notarized, etc. They don't require as many documents to be State certified as China does, so this is easier and less expensive.

No comments: