Well Ally is home. She tolerated her chemo well and came home on Tuesday. She was very lethargic and still stumbling around. She had to be carried out to potty but could stand on her own once out there and take a few steps. She can't see very well so she looks bug eyes because she is trying to focus so hard. She has had cataracts but they have been exasperated by the chemo so she is a little stressed out. The good news is, she is eating great and drinking great, to which the doctors said is a great sign. From what they told me, she was a bad as she was going to get on Tuesday, the next step was for her to pass away. Everyday she lives is a miracle and a sign she is improving. She does seem to be getting better. Her tail is wagging and her gums are returning to their pinkish color. I have her in the laundry room where it is cool and can be made dark, plus I can close the door and the other dogs won't bother her. She wondered out a couple of times today on her own, so that was a good sign that she wanted to be social. She layed on the kitchen floor while I cooked dinner and layed on the living room floor while grandma visited (she loves her grandma and is very spoiled by her!). The doc said give her whatever she wants to eat and as mush as she wants since her strength is so down and she lost weight so quickly. Today I went to the store and bought all kinds of stuff that I read about on the internet to make for her that will fatten her up and help her immune system. I also got her lots of vitamins and supplements to mix in her food (okayed by her doc). The food I ended up cooking was NASTY! It smelled like I was cooking POOP. Looked like it too. It had liver, sardines, tofu, broccoli, carrots, and lots of misc herbs and spices. It's supposed to fatten her up and she seemed to like it. She also had chicken and dumplings for dinner. Doc said table food was ok if she was eating and make sure she gets lots of water.
Keep those finger crossed, she isn't out of the woods yet, but she's looking for the light. She's fighting really hard.
She goes back on October 28 to get more blood work and see if we can start #2 of chemo. I didn't sleep a wink last night for fear I would wake up and she would be gone.....I feel a little better tonight seeing how she perked up. I'm still crossing all crossables!
Thanks for your thoughts
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Em.
thinking of you guys & Alli.. We had to put out dog down earlier in the year after 16 years of him being my boy... seeing how shes perking up is a great sign of the the weeks ahead... come on Alli... you can do it!!!! ( I sound like an infomercial or something)
alex
Praying for your Ally...
Post a Comment