Monday, October 13, 2008

Pray for my Ally Girl

My dog Ally is very sick. I came home from taking Tori to the dentist this morning and Ally was downstairs, disoriented and stumbling. Out of the blue. She has always been a dog that fluctuates in weight (she's a medium sized Terrier mix) and I didn't even realize how thin she had gotten. I groomed her about 10 days ago and she seemed fine. When I held her this afternoon she was bony. Our vet did some bloodwork and diagnosed her with Lymphatic Leukemia. She just looks stricken. It's awful. We are starting her on chemotherapy tonight. If she tolerates that well, then she will get 5 treatments, 3 weeks apart. If it works, her life expectancy is still only 1-3 more years (she's almost 10). If she does not tolerate the chemo, then we will have to put her down. She's not in pain according to the vet. I definitely don't want her to suffer so I'm hoping this works and she perks up. I have to call and check on her tomorrow after 10:00 a.m. I hate leaving her there, she sleeps on my side of the bed on the floor and I will miss her tonight. Out of the 3 dogs I have, I have to say she is the best. Never chews anything, never pottys in the house, does exactly what I tell her, I can walk her around the neighborhood without a leash because she listens that well. Please say extra prayers for her that she reacts well to her treatment.

My Ally



Tori and Ally



Maddie and Ally


Ally as a butterfly last halloween


On a lighter note, this website is offering a free handbag and hour give away to launch their site....check them out.

www.handbagplanet.com

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oooh my Emily! I am so sorry for Ally. It's almost like one of your kid being sick. Praying for the chemo to do it's think and she has several wonderful years to come!

Bridget said...

Em, i know the worry and stress you are going through. I hope Ally pulls through and his her old perky self. I will be thinking of you guys.

Alex and Sam said...

Em..
I hope te chemo works for Ally... my pets are like my babies too!!! seeing your pet sick is heart wrenching.. I'll be thinking of you & Ally..

please keep us updated

alex