Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rest in Peace Ally





Today was very hard for me. I had to take my baby girl Ally to the vet and have her put down. After a few days of improvement last week after her chemotherapy treatment, she started to go downhill fast on Saturday. She stopped eating and would not go to the bathroom, could hardly lift her head up. She turned for the worse quickly. We were all very sad to see her go and it was the hardest thing I have done. We are having her cremated and keeping her ashes.

Someone sent me this email today as a joke, but I kept the top part of and deleted the part where they put down the cat at the end....lol...because I thought it was very sweet.

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?" Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us." And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail. And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal." And God said, " I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail.



Here are a couple of my favorite pictures of Ally and Tori. I'm going to be going through pictures in the next week to make a book for Tori, so bear with me while I share my grief. Ally was Tori's constant companion since Tori was 18 months old.

This is Tori and Ally on Tori's 2nd birthday


THEN, to top it off, when I got home, my sister called and said my nephews were in a car accident (the youngest was driving and he had only had his license a WEEK). They are both fine, just banged up and his pride is hurt. But man, what a crappy day I have had.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh Em, i am soo soo sorry. I know that Ally and Pumpkin are somewhere having a wonderful time without ailment or pain. Hugs and kisses to you and Tori. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to a pet that is family and loved so much.

Our Girls said...

Hi- Not sure How I got to your blog-from some Guatemala adoption one I am sure. :)
I wanted to send my condolences on your dog- It is the hardest to put them down, as they are family members! Your dog is super cute and LOVED kids!
SORRY!

Laurie said...

Emily I am soooo sorry! I had to do the same thing with my very first baby about a year ago. I'm sure Somers and Ally are looking out for us! Big hugs my friend!

Alex and Sam said...

em..
Iam so sorry about Ally..seeing how she was suffering it was te best but I know how you are feeling.. its absolutely heart breaking to see one of you "kids" be sick..my dog mr. beasley is up there with ally watching over us..
Ally looks like the sweetest dog, so mr B probably is in the bad dog club.. he was mean & didnt like many people LOL
alex