It's almost over for us...we have one more visit to Tim's family this evening then we will be DONE. I'm so glad. I love Christmas, the idea of it, the story and the meaning behind it. I hate the commercialism of it and all the chaos that surrounds it. I feel like we spend all this time traveling from place to place and cooking and bring people presents. I would be happy with not giving presents and just bringing cookies or something, lol. I know we do it for the kids mostly and Tim even suggested that we decorate the house next year (we put up a tree now) so she can enjoy the lights etc. I told him that was all on him, lol. I'm the Halloween person, he can be the Christmas person.
I have no idea what are plans are for New Years. My sister always has a huge party but it's usually sans kids, which is impossible for us. I guess we could get a babysitter, but I enjoy my kids....lol, I really don't feel like partying.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Merry Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Bah Humbug! :) I understand what you mean about the commercialism of it all...of course, being a toy guru, shopping does appeal to me...but only for kids! HA HA!
Hope you all had a good one. I love Christmas too but am always ready to get back in the routine and the long drawn out days of winter. I'm sure for NYE I will either be in my recliner or asleep before the ball drops! What an exciting life I live! :)
Merry Christmas Em, I am with you about the gifts. It just gets a little crazy.. I do love Christmas though the baking and spending time with family.. Christmas of course involves alot of Chocolate..LOL... We always spend New Years with our Kids.. My parents always took us kids out to eat and now we do the same with our kids. Of course we go about 4 pm so we dont cause to much trouble for others..LOL... Have a wonderful New Year.
Kristi
em,
I agree!!!! xmas is grreat but I'm done too!!! I would love to hear alla bout your trip to the animal shelter.. if i lived closer to you guys I would have been there too!!
happy new Year!!!!!
alex
Post a Comment