Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Analyzing Nemo.....

I officially have watched too many cartoons. Myah is not a big TV kid, because I'm not really a TV person either. She does have some favorites which I'm happy for because it allows me to get a few things done here and there around the house while she chills out. Barney and Elmo, must haves at least once a day. It's cute because she knows ALL of the dances to ALL of the Barney songs. I love to see how her personality and motor skills are developing and watching her actually sing along and do the hand motions.

Finding Nemo is another one. We must watch it at nap time and bedtime. Every night. For the last month. At least. Now don't get me wrong, the movie is cute, funny, and entertaining, but I know I have watched it too much now because I am analyzing it. What if Coral had went back into the anemone like Marlin told her to when they saw the barracuda? What if Nemo had swam up and out of the net when the diver caught him? What if Marlin hadn't gotten blinded by the picture taking diver and was able to follow the boat? What happens to the fish at the end that are floating in the bags? Is there going to be a Finding Nemo II? It's sad, I know. I've tried to get her to watch Little Mermaid, Shark Tale, other shows that have a "fish theme" but nope, she watches for a few minutes then says, "Memo mom?".

So my New Year's Resolution this year, along with my yearly "must lost weight, exercise, attend church more often, and save more money" is to start a letter writing campaign to Pixar regarding the release of Finding Nemo II. Ellen DeGeneres has often commented on it on her talk show......

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! BE HEALTHY, HAPPY, AND GOD BLESS!

No comments: