I know, it's sad....lol. I'll try to squeeze in some pictures tonight. I want to take some pictures of Tori at swimteam practice tonight anyway.
Tim and Clark went to the airplane races all weekend and shacked up in a swanky hotel and did guy stuff (and got burnt to a crisp I might add). They had great tickets and got a book of all the planes and Clark got to meet all of the pilots and get their autographs. It was a good father/son weekend. I'm sure he took pictures. I'll have to get them from him to post.
The girls had a great weekend too. We went to the Zoo Saturday (see post below) then Sunday we went to the store then to the Tipp pool which has waterslides and a kiddie area. We had a lot of fun playing together. Myah loved it and she looked so cute in her neon green swimsuit with her dark skin, there's no way I'm losing that girl in the water she was like a lightbulb. We took turns sending her down the slide and she laughed and laughed. She definitely doesn't mind getting her face wet...unless it's by Jack wielding a garden hose. I guess it's good she likes water since we have a pool. We bought pool passes too, since that's more of a social thing for us, Tori's friends all go and so do a lot of the moms I talk too. The only thing I don't like is the parents who use the pool as their babysitter and just drop their kids off all day with some money. Tori is almost 11 and I still think she needs someone there to keep an eye on her or at least a teenager (like Clark, who is almost 15). Anything younger then 12 I think still requires some supervision.....you never know whats going to happen or what they might get into....it could be something as simple as an older kid picking on them or whatever. Lifeguards can only do so much. There is another local pool close to us and there are kids EVERYWHERE without adults and the only time I went there, there were kids fighting (little kids) and cussing and just being brats in general. The lifeguards and I were talking and they said they have a problem with groups of kids being dropped off with no supervision all day, although they are old enough technically, they are certainly not mature enough and parents should know that. Kids are kids, I know, but I personally want to know what my kids are into!
Ok, off my soapbox....lol.
Monday, June 02, 2008
Post with no pictures.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Wow Em, your family has been keeping busy. I haven't checked out the blog in a while. You guys have been everywhere I think. I can't wait to see more pics of the fam.
Post a Comment