Wednesday, April 18, 2007

30 days and counting

Yesterday marked the 30 day mark since the DNA results were received by the US Embassy. I sent my first email today inquiring on the status. The rule is, you have to wait 30 days before you can email. Usually you just get an automated response and I have heard that they are very back logged. Carol said that she has a family that is about 2 weeks ahead of us in the process and that they have not received their preapproval yet. DAMN. Well, I set a goal for the end of this month before I can officially allow myself to complain about the PA wait, lol. That would put us at about the 43 day mark. I am so hoping that we can be in PGN by the time we go visit on May 11. That is starting to sound optimistic. I have no doubt that once we get PA, getting out of family court will follow right along and our attorney, who has been on the ball will get us into PGN, but I'm just not sure that its gonna happen in the next 4 weeks.

On the homefront, tonight we are having cake and ice cream for Maddie's birthday. I can't beleive she is 11~ family and friends will be over to celebrate. Tori has softball practice on Friday then we are heading out to the farm Saturday and Sunday. It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend so we're all looking forward to it.

Time is really going fast, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em! I went to e-mail you at work today and my computer was sooo slow. It was crazy. I had to call support and finally said heck with it and called it a day. I will post that pic when we get back you have to remind me. Talk soon and I am looking forward to the cheesecake factory.
Yummmy