Thursday, November 06, 2008

Time for change

I hope that they are some good changes coming around the corner for everyone after this election. I have decided to make some changes myself. I'm going to continue to keep my laundry caught up and put away. This may not sound like much, but with six people and a almost 2 year old attached to your leg, it can be difficult. I'm going to continue to keep my house clean. This is not that difficult, it really just requires teaching my kids to pick up after themselves better so less work for me. My house is always "clean", just sometime cluttered with kid stuff. What's the old saying? "Trying to clean while kids are growing is like trying to shovel while it's still snowing." It's a lot easier now that our remodel is mostly done. Having that huge kitchen/eating area makes it easier to keep picked up rather then our little tiny "nook" we used to have where you have one pan out and your kitchen is a mess!

Tori is getting her braces in two weeks. She is very excited. We were going to wait until after Thanksgiving, for several reasons, but now it looks like that reasons are a moot point so we're just going to go ahead and do it now. She says, "the quicker she gets them, the quicker they come off."

Myah is getting her haircut today, or at least that's the plan. I need to get her pictures taken soon! She hasn't had professional pics done since she was ONE! I'm a slacker. We take so many pictures at home though, there is never a shortage of pictures.

I'm looking into some schooling. It's just an idea, probably wont' come to fruition. Tim and I talked about it a few years ago, but it wasn't feasible with me working full time, I would never be home. Well now that I am only working from home, some part time schooling wouldn't be so bad. It's still in the baby stages and him and I haven't even discussed it recently, so we'll see.

We are going to Indy for our anniversary on Nov. 22. It will be a nice relaxing weekend to eat, get some shopping done for Christmas, and chill out. It will be the first time that BOTH of us have been away from Myah in over a year.

This Friday is our official GOTCHA DAY! Our the day that our adoption was finalized in Guatemala. This time last year we were at the Westin in Guatemala City.....oh I MISS it! I can't believe she has been home a YEAR! Next week off to the courthouse to file her name change papers!

GOTCHA DAY.....ONE YEAR AGO AT THE WESTIN IN GUATEMALA CITY!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Has it really been a whole year?? I can't believe it! If you decide to take classes let me know, maybe we can do something together, or around the same time! Love ya!