I have finally come down off of cloud 9 and we are back from a relaxing weekend at the farm, so I can update on what's going on with Myah.
First, we are out of PGN. Maria picked up our file on Friday and got the final birthmom signature on the Adoption Decree also on Friday (WHEW!). On Monday she will go and get Myah's new birthcertificate. She is going to the Civil Registrar in Villa Nueva, where Myah was born, and she will get it that day (we're lucky, it only takes about 4 hours, some registrars can take weeks!). Then Myah will be officially a TROST!
On Tuesday, the plan is to get Myah her passport and work on translation of her documents from Spanish to English. This needs to be accomplished so that we can submit our request to the US Embassy to do the 2nd DNA test and her medical exam. Then after the DNA is taken and sent to the lab, we wait about a week to 10 days for the Embassy to received the results and issue us out "pink slip" which is our appointment with them to officially bring Myah HOME!
Soooooo, in the next 2 weeks we will have the OFFICIAL DATE of when Myah comes home and can make our travel arrangements. It will be the first or second week of November when we travel I'm sure.
I'll keep everyone posted!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Ok, here is the update!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment