Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Our first homestudy visit

is scheduled for April 17, at 3:30. I'm excited. They will do a safety audit which consists of "childproof" items (we've done) and other small things around the house. Most of which was covered in our fire inspection. Then she will interview Tori, Tim and I separately and together. I guess it takes about 5 hours so I think that she will break it into two visits. Hopefully it gets done quickly, I would like to have the final version done and to immigration shortly after our fingerprints are done so that we can get our I-171 ASAP (probably July-ish, being optimistic).

I'll have to double check my paperwork but I think I can take some of my stuff to the County to be verified (for the notary) becuase the 171 and the homestudy won't get verified by them and I think everything else is done. I'll have to go over my paperwork tonight. I guess I don't have to be in a big hurry, at this point everything will be WAIT WAIT WAIT.

I guess time is not going to slow. We started this journey the end of February and we are well on our way to the waiting game. 6 weeks have passed already and while I am amazed at all we've got done, I'm also amazed that 6 weeks has gone by. Before we know it, it will be summertime and that should help the time go by, were always so busy then. It does seem like this school year went fast, hopefully next year will to!

No comments: