Thursday, February 23, 2006

This is my first blog!

Well, I'm new to this whole Blog thing but I wanted to start one to be able to journal about my adoption journey.

I am Emily (32) and my dh is Tim (40). We have decided to adopt from China! We mailed our application this morning. I am excited, nervous, curious, and happy!

I have a daughter, Tori (8) from a previous marriage and Tim has a son, Clark (12) and daughter Maddie (9) from a previous marriage also.

In 2003 Tim got his vasectomy reversed so we could try to conceive a child of our own. After a miscarriage, fertility treatments, drugs, etc. we decided to try adoption. We looked into domestic adoption, but the risk, cost, and time frame deterred us. It seems like the U.S. makes it so hard to adopt children domestically.

At Christmas 2005 we decided to start looking into international adoption. AFter researching, we decided on China. The process, although time consuming and a lot of work, is relatively easy and you know what it is going to cost, what you are going to get, and approximately how long it is going to take.

I welcome any questions or comments, although at this point I don't have many answers!

No comments: