Sunday, February 26, 2006

Friends and Family

I've been reading a lot of posts on different boards regarding the reactions of family and friends when it comes to international adoption. Maybe I'm to "open", I don't know, but it really hurt my feelings when I told my sister about what we were doing and she really reacted negativley. I guess I kinda assumed she would, she is pretty negative about most things. But I also guess deep down I was hoping that she would be excited for us. She knows what it is like to be unable to conceive, she had a very hard time with both of her pregnancies and struggled. My mom was a little more receptive but I know deep down she is concerned about the whole situation. She'll come around. I have told everyone who needs to know at this point and I guess from now on I won't bring it up until someone else does. At least all of friends are VERY excited for me and have been super supportive! It just makes me sad that my family is only focusing on negatives and not focusing in the positive that we will be bringing home a beautiful new baby girl to raise as our own and join our family.

No comments: