Because we own over 1,000 DVD's and going to the movies is one of my favorite things, I decided instead of Favorite Photo Friday I'm going to do a movie review. It may be a new release, it could be a DVD that I've watched recently, depends on my mood. I'll try to include some facts about the movie as far as awards etc.
Today's review is "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. Directed by David Fincher. The idea came from "an enthralling fantasy about what it would be like to age in reverse. It was F. Scott Fitzgerald who came up with the character of Benjamin after being inspired by a remark of Mark Twain's. Twain thought it a pity that the best of life came at the beginning and the worst at the end." Which if you think of that, it's a great concept for a movie.
It's been nominated for 5 Golden Globes and is getting Oscar consideration.
Best Director - Motion Picture
David Fincher
Best Motion Picture - Drama
Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Alexandre Desplat
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Brad Pitt
Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Eric Roth
Robin Swicord


First of all, if you like Brad Pitt at all, just stop here and go see the movie. He is phenomenal in it, especially since only the last hour or so is the "easy on the eyes" Brad Pitt we all know (and he is EXCEPTIONALLY hot during that time.....like "Thelma and Louise" HOT).
Second of all, if you can't sit through a long movie, wait for the video. It's 2 hours and 45 minutes long.
That being said, I LOVED THIS MOVIE. Tori and I had a girls night out tonight and decided to take in a movie. I wanted to go see Marley and Me, but Tori heard it had a sad ending so we opted for Benjamin Button. Needless to say I cried through the whole frickin' movie.
Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett did a fabulous job. The story, which is SO unbelievable, actually has you believing that it could happen just that way. The special effects were incredible. All of the little story lines that were intertwined were great. You loved all the characters and they all had a reason for being in the movie. It kinda reminded me of "Forest Gump" in that respect. Everything happened for a reason and it was all somewhat important.
It was a great love story, and a wonderful character. I love all of the time periods that it covered, finally ending during Hurricane Katrina, which I thought tied in nicely with the plot.
So, I give it 2 thumbs WAY up and if you get a chance I highly recommend you go see this movie. Remember to go potty first and take lots of tissues! Maybe that's just me, I'm pretty easy to cry at movies (i.e. seen "The Notebook" a thousand times and it still makes me bawl). I can honestly say this movie made my heart hurt.
Today's review is "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. Directed by David Fincher. The idea came from "an enthralling fantasy about what it would be like to age in reverse. It was F. Scott Fitzgerald who came up with the character of Benjamin after being inspired by a remark of Mark Twain's. Twain thought it a pity that the best of life came at the beginning and the worst at the end." Which if you think of that, it's a great concept for a movie.
It's been nominated for 5 Golden Globes and is getting Oscar consideration.
Best Director - Motion Picture
David Fincher
Best Motion Picture - Drama
Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Alexandre Desplat
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Brad Pitt
Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Eric Roth
Robin Swicord


First of all, if you like Brad Pitt at all, just stop here and go see the movie. He is phenomenal in it, especially since only the last hour or so is the "easy on the eyes" Brad Pitt we all know (and he is EXCEPTIONALLY hot during that time.....like "Thelma and Louise" HOT).
Second of all, if you can't sit through a long movie, wait for the video. It's 2 hours and 45 minutes long.
That being said, I LOVED THIS MOVIE. Tori and I had a girls night out tonight and decided to take in a movie. I wanted to go see Marley and Me, but Tori heard it had a sad ending so we opted for Benjamin Button. Needless to say I cried through the whole frickin' movie.
Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett did a fabulous job. The story, which is SO unbelievable, actually has you believing that it could happen just that way. The special effects were incredible. All of the little story lines that were intertwined were great. You loved all the characters and they all had a reason for being in the movie. It kinda reminded me of "Forest Gump" in that respect. Everything happened for a reason and it was all somewhat important.
It was a great love story, and a wonderful character. I love all of the time periods that it covered, finally ending during Hurricane Katrina, which I thought tied in nicely with the plot.
So, I give it 2 thumbs WAY up and if you get a chance I highly recommend you go see this movie. Remember to go potty first and take lots of tissues! Maybe that's just me, I'm pretty easy to cry at movies (i.e. seen "The Notebook" a thousand times and it still makes me bawl). I can honestly say this movie made my heart hurt.








5 comments:
Em, I LOVED this movie too! And...I cried through the entire thing! Good thing I had napkins from the food we were eating. It had such a great message and I've been recommending it to everyone. Not to mention the "eye-candy"!!!
-Jaimee
I wanted to see that movie, now I will! ;)
been wondering-now I know:)
can't wait and i am pumped:)
I really want to see this movie. Thanks for the review!!!
I cant wait to see this movie.. maybe this weekend
alex
Post a Comment