Thursday, May 11, 2006

I am a blog slacker!

It seems unbelievable, but nothing is happening right now with the adoption. We are kinda in the hurry up and wait period.

Tim had his visit at the homestudy agency and it went well. She has called to verify a few things and said that she should have a draft for us to review next week. Hopefully we will have our final copy by June 6 (that's the date she told us). She has to send it to INS so they can match it with our fingerprints before they will send us our approval. Hopefully they start that and just put the homestudy with is when it comes and not wait until it gets there to even begin. Oh well, if that's what happens, God has a plan, so that's the way it will be.

Softball is going great for Tori. They have won two games and lost two. She is playing really well and seems to like it a lot this year.

Tim is kicking butt on the backyard. It looks awesome! It's going to be a great outdoor retreat when its all done.

Tori and I are going to Tennessee to visit a friend in June when school gets out and possibly scope out some land while we are there. The thought is to maybe find something to buy now and then build later when we are ready to move. Who knows when that might be. At least a few years. We have to get through this adoption first and then it will be a few years after that. Who knows if it will actually happen. I am excited about visiting with Melissa regardless though.

School is almost out! Yeah! We are having our pig roast at the end of June, then our Luau in July so hopefully Tim and I (ok mostly Tim) can get the backyard done by then. I think the pig roast is the last weekend in June (T's birthday). The Luau will be airshow weekend. We have a busy summer scheduled. I'm glad though, it will make the China wait time go fast.

Hopefully, (cross your fingers) we can be DTC in July sometime! I am still hoping for that because then we could still *maybe* travel next summer. That would be great so the kids could go. The are saying now that you will travel 12-14 months after your log in date, with actual refferals coming 10-12 months after LID.

I did forget to mention that I started Jenny Craig a couple of weeks ago. Its been GREAT. I actually love the food believe it or not! I had lost 10 lbs on my own then I was just stuck, couldnt lose anymore. So I started JC on the advice of 3 friends here at work that are doing it and so far its been awesom. I lost 2.4 lbs the first week, 1.9 the second. My goal is to get down to 130. We'll see. I feel good though not deprived at all. I actually feel full. I eat their breakfast which are great, lunch, and dinners. They have snacks also (including chocolate cake!) but I am not getting them now. I can supplement fruit for sweets, and I love fruit. I can also have unlimited vegetables. I just need to exercise more and I'll be doing even better. I think the biggest thing that has helped is the portion control. Their food is not necesarily "diet", it's just controlled portions that are well balanced and that was something I had problems with cooking at home. I'll keep everyone updated.

Well enough rambling.......thanks for reading.

No comments: