Today Myah and her birthmom came face to face again for DNA testing. I talked to Carol and I guess everything went fine. I can't imagine what that feels like. She has to hold Myah again for the picture the lab takes before the test (we'll get a copy of it). Carol said that Myah is her first child. I just can't imagine. I loved Tori even before she was starting to show in my stomach, and giving birth to her just sealed it.
Here is kinda where we are at in case you were wondering about our timeline.
1. We're waiting on DNA results, which we should have in the next week or two
2. We are in family court, social worker is hopefully writing our homestudy.
3. Once DNA is sent to the embassy, we should get Preapproval in 6-8 weeks.
4. When we get preapproval. the homestudy is completed and we are sent to PGN.
5. We are in PGN anywhere from 6 weeks to indefinetly (hopefully not though)
We are GUESStimating, if all goes smooth then we will travel June/July. Our attorney has been on the ball so far so hopeful things go the same for the rest of the process.
The most exciting news of the day is tomorrow is my birthday and my wonderful husband and decided that we will travel to Guatemala over Mother's Day to visit Myah. She will get to stay with us Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will get there Friday morning and leave Monday afternoon. Myah will be 3 1/2 months then, and will be smiling and giggling hopefully. I know this because my friend Andrea has baby Jack and he is just 3 months and has been smiling for a while and is starting to giggle. It's so sweet, I can't wait to see Myah doing it.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
DNA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
What a good hubby to take you to guatamala for Mother's Day :)
What a fantastic present.
Damn, I really need to read your blog with tissues in hand.
I am totally thrilled for you both. I can't even express it.
Post a Comment